Sunday, July 1, 2012

Hurry Up and Wait

Well as Beth already posted, we're on our way.  Now sitting in the Calgary airport waiting for the red eye to Toronto, then a 3 hour wait until catching our flight to London.  So we will have left Regina on Sunday evening and won't arrive in London until Monday evening (London time)... a full day of traveling.

I don't remember being this crushed with things to do before our trip to Europe 3 years ago, but I probably was - just blocked it out of my memory.  It is both a good and frightening feeling once you get through security in the airport and you know there is no turning back, nothing more can be done, if anything was left undone, it will remain undone. For the first couple of hours I have these spasms of worry that something important was missed - either in the last minute working process, or in the packing for the trip process.  Eventually those feelings fade and I can relax into the reality of the holiday.  Having these long stop-overs in Calgary and Toronto will help with the shifting from "work mode" into "vacation mode".  Our whole family made a conscious decision to leave our cell phones behind, so currently I am having a bit of withdrawal from my BlackBerry (or Crackberry as some have called it).

The flight from Regina to Calgary was nice, including some pretty cloud displays (the light was just right for some beautiful scenes).  Taking advantage of having a digital camera I snapped some pictures - just experimenting.  A sample of one of these pictures is below.  There are some other things I have been thinking about writing over the past week, but I will save those up for later.  For now it's nice to know that we're truly on our way.


No comments:

Post a Comment