Friday, July 6, 2012

Kopparberg!

The last couple of days I have been able to enjoy one of my favourite drinks of all time - Kopparberg, a Swedish brewed pear cider.  I discovered this fine beverage three years ago when Beth and I first visited England.  Today when I asked the waitress if they had Kopparberg she replied "That's the best" obviously approving of my choice.  But I had better take advantage of being in this country for a few more days - I haven't been able to find Kopparberg anywhere else.


We've encountered a number of unusual drinks in the past couple of days, Thomas had an ale named "Spitfire" appropriately at the Royal Air Force museum, while I had a Dandelion and Burdock drink.  The other day in an Italian restaurant we had some Italian sodas (lemon and blood orange).  Why drink only Coke when there are so many new taste experiences out there to try?

1 comment:

  1. Cider! Do we have anything in Canada to compare to the ones in Britain and Europe? I've tried some of the Okanagan ones but not many others so I don't know a good one from a bad one. Maybe you can convince the Bushwakker to carry Kopparberg and we can enjoy them on a "Monday Night Jazz" outing.

    ReplyDelete