Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Union Jack

So we arrived at the apartment last night and I wasn't quite sure what to expect when we saw the exterior of the building. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the inside. It is likely used primarily for tourists, so there is union jack paraphernalia everywhere - on the dining room chairs, the mugs, plates and even a bean bag. The apartment is decorated exactly to my tastes. I was talking to Josh last night about it, and we both want to buy a place like it (though it would be very difficult to find a place like it back in Canada).

It's still kind of hard for me to realize that we are in a different country. I this this is partially due to the amount of time we spent in similar airports and on similar planes (we took 3 planes in the span of almost 24 hours). Maybe it will set in when we start walking around town, since we only saw some of the city when we were being driven to the apartment. Regardless of my disbelief of being in Britain, I am so grateful to be able to take this trip with my family and to be able to travel freely as a Canadian citizen.

2 comments:

  1. Dennis and I found that we heard more non-British accents than British accents when we were in London. Apparently they have so many people from other countries that want to live in London, that most of the British live outside the city. Enjoy your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Union Jack chair! Enjoy your travels before full-time University studies this fall!

    ReplyDelete